Privacy & Cookies
Your privacy and security is important to us. We aim to ensure that any personal information you provide will always be held, used and transmitted in compliance with UK data protection laws.
By using our website and/or registering with susannahblack.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described on this page.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you, such as:
- your contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address etc);
- your purchase information (credit/debit card details); and
- other personal information (such as your size if you are buying something from us)
We hold all such Personal Data on secure servers and treat it as fully confidential.
We will not sell your Personal Data to third parties. We do, however, share customer information with the following third parties:
- our group companies;
- banks, credit card companies and carriers as is necessary to process your order;
- credit reference agencies, in the interests of fraud detection and prevention and credit risk reduction;
- couriers or other agents for the purposes of processing or arrange delivery of your order;
- third party databases to which Susannah Black subscribes;
- government bodies or other authorities if necessary to comply with regulations or law or to assist with law enforcement, or to protect our property and other rights;
- agencies who help us collate statistics about site traffic, sales, demographics and other commercial information to enable us to tailor the services we provide to you and other customers.
Some of these third parties may be located in countries that are outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Your Personal Data may also be processed by employees operating outside the EEA who work for us, third party data processors or for our suppliers. Such employees may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Countries which are outside of the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom but we will make sure that we have the necessary contracts and other mechanisms in place to ensure your Personal Data continues to be treated in accordance with the provisions of the UK data protection laws. By submitting your Personal Data through our website, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of such data outside of the EEA.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as it is legally required, and to support the business purposes for which it was obtained - we will then dispose of it promptly and securely.
We take the security of your payment and personal details very seriously. Our website uses standard SSL ("Secure Socket Layer") encryption technology, to protect your Personal Data. Despite taking all of these measures to safeguard your Personal Data, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed 100% secure. We recommend that you take the following measures to enhance your online safety:
- if you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session;
- keep your account passwords strictly private;
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters (a combination of letters and numbers is best - do not use your name, email address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained)
- change your password frequently; and
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
To ensure that you are in a secure area of our website before sending Personal Data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
Our website uses “cookies” to collect further information to enhance your shopping experience. Cookies are small pieces of data that a website automatically sends to your computer, tablet or mobile phone while you are viewing the website.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
“Session” cookies, which are used to allow you to:
• carry information from one page of our website to another without having to re-enter information,
• maintain a shopping basket during each visit that you make to our website, and
• access stored information when you are logged in to your online account.
“Persistent” cookies, which allow us to offer you tailored content on our website by helping us to remember:
• any personal information that you have provided on previous visits to our website;
• the number of visits that you have made to our website;
• previous purchases you have made;
• your preferences
Third parties are not able to identify customers using cookies.
If you take the opportunity to 'share' susannahblack.co.uk content with friends through social networks (such as Facebook and Twitter) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If cookies aren't enabled on your device, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
TO ENABLE COOKIES
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window).
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window).
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
To contact us concerning your privacy, to change your communication preferences, update, review or to withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, you can use any of the following methods:
Questions regarding these Terms & Conditions should be directed as follows: email@example.com